Saturday, June 10, 2017

Falling for Facebook...Teasers

I'm bored.  Going on for three days now, I haven't been able to speak above a whisper.  The first day it happened, I didn't even know it had happened.  I went to school early to open up as I usually do on  Thursdays.  I did the routine opening up things--turned on lights all over the building, unlocked the office doors, copied the list of instructions for some teachers to do, put some ideas I had gathered in the teachers' boxes, checked email, copied things.  Finally, the two early morning teachers arrived and I went to the door to let them in and greet them as I usually do.

There they were nearing the door.  I opened the door and said, "Hello," except nothing came out of the mouth.  No voice at all.  My mouth moved but that was it.  What a surprise!  Since I have no one else at home these days, not even a dog, I hadn't talked until that very moment and did not know that I couldn't talk.  I hadn't gone by Sonic for a coke; I hadn't had to run into Wal-Mart to grab something I had forgotten that the teachers needed.  I hadn't talked to anyone.

My throat was tight but that didn't mean much to me early on. 

Nevertheless, because I was practically useless--couldn't answer the phone, couldn't interact with the children, couldn't even greet parents beyond a smile and a wave--I soon went home and went to bed.  That felt good; I guess I really needed some extra sleep, but it didn't cure the voice thing.

I've spent the last 3 days (seems like months) in the bed napping, doing phone games, watching TV, and reading Facebook and not talking.   Oh, yes, and writing a blog or two.

But it is the reading Facebook for so long that got me thinking about writing this particular blog.

Do you ever read a headline in Facebook and the headline is so dramatic or scary or intense that you have to go to the next page and read more.  It's like you have to find out what the bride found out on her wedding day that would change her life forever, or why that waitress was let go without pay after she let out a huge cry, or if the baby was really born on a motorcycle going 75 miles an hour.  Okay, I made those up but you know what I mean.  Some of the headline teasers are about that extreme and I admit I have been curious enough to take the tease and read them...a lot (especially these last three days).

Who makes up these teasers?  I know why they do--it is to entice readers (gullible or bored like me) to continue the post but honestly!  Sometimes they have nothing to do with the real article.  Nevertheless, I decided I would try this method to entice more readers to read my blogs.  So, I am going to see what you think using a couple of the blogs I have written over the last month or so.  I will write the title of the blog and then enhance it with a Facebook-style tease and see what you think.

"The Case of the Missing Keys"-- 
  • Read more to find out if a stranded little old lady was arrested for trying to steal a car from a parking lot...
    or
  • Read more to find out if irate old lady does damage in upscale restaurant and why...
"The Day Dad Wore His Shirt Inside Out"--

  • Read more about the business man who became confused and how he showed up at work....
    or
  •  Read how a parent is humiliated in elevator and why...
Like I said, sometimes on Facebook, I have to look back on the original story to see what it started out being.  It seems it doesn't necessarily have to relate to the article and then if it does relate somehow it doesn't explain the teaser.  Same with my blog teasers!

Like I said, "I'm bored."  Please, Voice, come back so I ...

Read more to find out if old lady ever talks again and to whom...Then like and share if you love Jesus!  (But that's a whole other subject which I may get to someday or soon if my voice continues to fail me!)




2 comments:

  1. OH it has to be exhausting to "need" to speak and nothing happens! and no one is home to appreciate it and make fun of you. I hope you get that voice back soon we have a lunch date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sono una persona che offre prestiti a tassi di interesse a basso interesse per individui, piccole imprese, investimenti personali ecc ... sono prestiti locali e internazionali a persone in tutto il mondo. Contattatemi oggi e vorrei sapere la quantità di denaro che vuoi. Sono pronto a concederti questo prestito entro un massimo di 48 ore o 72 ore dalla ricezione della richiesta. Contattatemi per informazioni sui miei termini di prestito. E-mail: sophiacarlot2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete